Make the difference.
Case studies (aka performance crimes)
- Concurrent collection misuse: how the slowness could remain undetected for ages
- Careless allocations: don’t trust developers saying allocations are cheap
- Wrong size detection: how come server is out of memory when configured not to
- No respect for mainstream flow: performance win by optimizing for single scenario
- Configuration to kill performance: one setting can halt application speed
- Memory leak investigation: how to check why server is out of RAM
- Outdated reports in Sitecore Analytics: you could not even guess why
- Price for non-used features: are you sure disabling feature is all it takes?
- How much faster can software be?: is Wirth’s law reality or not?
- Second life for Fast://: can the powerful technology get a second life?
- Database optimization – reading same data 7 times faster
- Hidden culture-specific parsing – spending an extra second out of blue
- Params – why all performance-critical code has overloads without it?
- Reckless interlocked operations – why could that be painful?
- Concat – what about joining strings together?
- Polluted reports – over 20% of data you collect could be from robots
- How often the site is visited from specific place?
Memory snapshot analysis basics
Agenda: All of sudden your Application starts responding slow. What to do? In order to figure out why it is slow, you’ll need to understand what happens internally, what does each thread do? How the wallclock time is spent while processing your request? The source of that data is dynamic profiling. Azure WebApps can collect… Read more
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.