Make the difference.
Case studies (aka performance crimes)
- Concurrent collection misuse: how the slowness could remain undetected for ages
- Careless allocations: don’t trust developers saying allocations are cheap
- Wrong size detection: how come server is out of memory when configured not to
- No respect for mainstream flow: performance win by optimizing for single scenario
- Configuration to kill performance: one setting can halt application speed
- Memory leak investigation: how to check why server is out of RAM
- Outdated reports in Sitecore Analytics: you could not even guess why
- Price for non-used features: are you sure disabling feature is all it takes?
- How much faster can software be?: is Wirth’s law reality or not?
- Second life for Fast://: can the powerful technology get a second life?
- Database optimization – reading same data 7 times faster
- Hidden culture-specific parsing – spending an extra second out of blue
- Params – why all performance-critical code has overloads without it?
- Reckless interlocked operations – why could that be painful?
- Polluted reports – over 20% of data you collect could be from robots
- How often the site is visited from specific place?
Memory snapshot analysis basics
Public unit tests for framework is win-win both for vendor, and framework consumers. My top 5 reasons for that. Led by example: Unicorn Unicorn is popular serialization mechanism with > 1.3M Nuget downloads! All you need to get started is to download the package and read readme. Custom requirements (f.e. store only specific part of… Read more
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.